Experienced Veterinarian required to work Saturday mornings. The rota can be completely flexible, varying from the applicant working every Saturday morning, to slotting in to a rota of your choice with the existing vets.
The practice is open 8.30am to 12pm every Saturday morning with the veterinary shift being from 9am to 12pm. There are 2 emergency vet centres within a 5 km radius of the practice for any critical cases that need care over the weekend. The practice is not open Sundays or Public Holidays.
An excellent hourly rate is on offer and the potential for more of a part time role during the week exists and becomes increasingly likely as the practice grows, or if you prefer, the role can stay as solely Saturday mornings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The ideal candidate will be experienced in small animal medicine and surgery, with a keen interest in working up their cases and providing high end veterinary care. You will be working with highly skilled nurses in a friendly and supportive environment, while at the same time being responsible for ensuring that we maintain the highest possible standard of patient care and customer service when you're on duty.
- Conduct consultations with patients and customers relating to general veterinary services
- Perform routine and emergency surgical procedures when necessary
- Provide veterinary services to companion animal pets
- Good communication with other vets in the practice to ensure continuity of veterinary care for ongoing cases
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Veterinary Science
- Registration with the Veterinary Surgeon's Board of Western Australia
- Highly developed skills, experience and knowledge in veterinary medicine
- Well developed diagnostic and surgical ability
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated affinity with people and animals
- Strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible and cope with change
- Strong relationship management skills
- The resilience to bounce back from occasional setbacks
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work autonomously, problem solve and use initiative
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- 2 years+ experience as a veterinarian in the industry
- Current Registration with the Veterinary Surgeon's Board of WA
Benefits and Perks:
- Excellent remuneration with appreciation of a strong work ethic
- Flexible Rota
- Fantastic supportive and Friendly environment to work in
- Great clientelle