RSPCA Qld presents an exciting opportunity for a passionate wildlife Veterinarian to join their team based at the world class Animal Care Campus Wildlife Hospital in Wacol, Brisbane.
Our Wildlife Hospital will deal with over 21,000 sick, injured or orphaned wildlife animals this year. The
Hospital operates with both full time and part time staff. We receive animals 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The hospital is fully equipped with surgical theatre, orthopaedic equipment, digital radiography, and ultrasonography.
This role will best suit those who thrive in a fast paced environment. You will have both an internal case load as well as external case load with our existing wildlife carers.
What you will need to be successful:
• Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent and registration with Queensland’s Veterinary Surgeons Board;
• 2+ years’ experience working as a veterinarian;
• A willingness to be trained, or demonstrable competence, in the handling, treatment and rehabilitation of all native Australian wildlife;
• An aptitude for problem-solving medicine;
• Exceptional leadership, organisational and communication skills;
• Energy, flexibility, resilience, tenacity and adaptability to ensure that the best care is offered to every animal presented to the hospital;
• Current radiation user licence;
• Completed lyssavirus vaccination course.
Part of your role will also be attending to domestic animals who arrive in critical condition during the night shift, as the campus also has a Domestic Animal Hospital.
The ordinary working hours for the successful incumbent will be 40 hours per week with hours being rostered over 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a rotating roster. This position will involve regular night work with some day shifts. Regular weekend work will be required.
Shifts for this position are 10 hours, and usually from 10pm to 8am.
Applications are to be submitted via email to: email@example.com. Ensure you place the title WILDLIFE VET in the subject box of your email.