RSPCA Qld presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vet Nurse to join their team at the world class Animal Care Campus Veterinary Hospital based in Wacol and our Ipswich Animal Care Centre.
You will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by ensuring that the health and welfare needs of all animals in the care of RSPCA Qld are met and are of the highest standards practical. Your role will require you to work as part of a dynamic team within the veterinary clinic and surgery.
In this role, you will:
• Nurse animals in the direct care of Veterinary Services, ensuring they are kept comfortable, medicated and fed;
• Prepare animals for surgery;
• Perform routine medical and laboratory tests;
• Assist the veterinarians in treating animals;
• Triage incoming animals;
• Assist potential adopters with enquiries;
• Perform cleaning duties.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• A Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or Australian recognised equivalent);
• Previous surgical nursing and emergency and critical care experience with companion animals would be highly regarded;
• The ability to work autonomously;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• A passion to improve the lives of animals and a commitment to achieving the long term goals of RSPCA Qld.
There are 5 positions available: one part-time role, working a minimum of 24 hours per week; and 4 casual positions. All roles are based at our Wacol Animal Care Campus and Ipswich Animal Care Centre. Working hours are across a 7 day roster. Weekend work and some night shifts will be required.
Remuneration is as per the RSPCA Qld Enterprise Agreement for Veterinary Staff; with a starting pay rate (qualified) of $23.82 per hour (junior rates may apply) for the part-time position. The starting pay rate for the casual position is $29.78 per hour (junior rates may apply).
Applications should be forwarded to the Human Resources Manager via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you place the title VET NURSE in the subject box of your email. Please specify in your cover letter which role is your preference (if applicable).