• Part-time position, days/hours flexible
• This role would suit either a Vet looking to move into an Managerial role, or a Vet who would like a mix of managerial/Veterinary duties
• Passionate team with a genuine interest in cat welfare
Are you an experienced Vet who loves animals, but would like to move away from the profit driven environment of private practice? Would you like to make a real difference to the lives of animals in WA?
Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim to is rescue and rehome as many cats as possible. Our euthanasia rate for October – December 2018 was 13% - a fantastic result!
We are currently recruiting for a Clinic Manager to join our passionate team! This busy but rewarding position is offered on a part-time basis, with flexible days/hours. This role would suit either a Vet looking to move into a Managerial position, or a Vet who would like a mix of administration, managerial and Veterinarian duties.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Managing the day to day operations of the clinic including staff management, stock management and liaising with other departments in regards to the daily consult/surgery lists
• Creating and implementing a range of protocols and procedures to ensure high levels of cleanliness and patient care
• Working with the CEO and Accounts Manager to create and work to budgets in regards to ordering and staffing
• Acting as the representative for the clinic within the Senior Management team
Our clinic is heading into an exciting period of change – with a revamp and renovation in our near future, the successful Candidate will play an important part in the future success of our clinic!
To be successful for this position, you will possess:
• At least five years’ experience as a Veterinarian, with relevant qualifications and a current VSB registration
• Previous practice management experience is highly desirable
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Strong computer literacy including MS Office and database knowledge
• The ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment
This role will be offered on an initial 12 month contract. Are you the one we have been searching for?
To find out more about this role, please call Samantha Holliday on 08 9442 3600 or email: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org