VIC - Veterinary Associate - Armadale
• We are ASAVA Accredited as a “HOSPITAL OF EXCELLENCE” (yeah… we’re HOES!”) and have been since 1981.
• Well established practice (since 1956!) and owner operated- so there’s no corporate red tape rubbish to deal with and there is clinical freedom.
• Malvern Vet is very well organised and smooth running (thanks to the awesome people working here- management currently writing this think themselves very fortunate!)
• Enjoyable workplace with frequent raucous laughter heard (successful applicant will actually be replacing someone who wrote “you and the team have created a climate that has made this the most enjoyable workplace I have ever worked at over my career” in their resignation).
• 7 vets and growing (20+ staff all together )
• Busy practice- predominantly dogs and cats with a particular emphasis on AQIS exams, cat boarding (recently built modern airy cattery- capacity for 50+ cats), dog grooming (7 groomers) and merchandising.
• Academic associates- we help train vet students and vet nurse associate degree students.
• Inhouse lab (biochem & haem),CR, US, endoscope, laryngoscope, multiparameter patient monitors, BP, IM3 dental- everything you would expect equipment wise.
• Particular focus on work culture, mental health and work life balance: we support and care about each other and gleefully fire cranky or difficult clients.
• For more about us go to: www.malvernvet.com.au
• Regular roster (everyone hates rotating roster hassles) with every Friday off. No after hours, no public holidays.
• Full time position in central CBD location
• Support from highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable vets and nurses
• Generous remuneration (well above award) and CE allowances.
• Beautiful and well maintained heritage building with purpose built surgery and hospital extension (check us out at www.malvernvet.com.au).
• Affluent clientele enhances opportunities to give gold standard care.
• As a hospital of excellence we offer well equipped facilities, opportunities for professional development, generous CE allowances, well trained and experienced support staff, excellent record keeping and smooth running procedures and protocols.
Ideal attributes of the successful applicant:
• Experienced and capable of complex clinical diagnostics and surgical procedures who is passionate about caring for fur babies.
• Fits in with our core values:
o Is a pet advocate first and foremost, making decisions and recommendations that are in the best interest of the patient
o Strives to deliver gold standard veterinary care as expected from an ASAVA accredited hospital
o Will show compassion for and care about their co-workers (the work – family).
• Loves to laugh and enjoys the company of and appreciates the other excellent, knowledgeable and capable staff members.
Dr. Andrea Tims
Business Name: Malvern Veterinary Hospital