NSW - Looking to change from nursing? Industry role Sydney
DescriptionVet Nurse required for Admin/Recruitment position
LOCATION: Pyrmont, Sydney NSW
HOURS: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
SALARY: $50,000 - $80,000pa + super
Tired of being on your feet all day? Had enough of weekend work?
Need a change, but want to stay in the veterinary industry?
Exciting new role waiting to be filled in Vetlink's Sydney office! This is a great opportunity for a veterinary nurse looking to be trained in a new profession whilst staying within the veterinary industry.
- Flexible start date
- Usual office hours - 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Join a small, supportive and friendly team
- Ongoing training and mentorship provided
- No prior recruitment experience necessary
Vetlink Employment Service is Australia's largest specialist recruitment company for the Veterinary Industry. Since 1997 over 10,000 locum and permanent placements have been made by Vetlink throughout Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Asia, Canada and other countries. Vetlink is owned by a qualified veterinarian with over 20 years' recruiting experience. We employ 6 recruitment consultants (all from veterinary backgrounds) and 5 administration staff.
We offer an excellent training program to ensure you develop the right skills to succeed in your new role.
Our company offers staff a professional and friendly working environment with the opportunity to consistently learn and grow. New staff members are wonderfully supported and will receive training, and be mentored, by existing team members. Your day to day work is well structured, and you will never be bored. At Vetlink, you will be busy and have a lot of fun. There is always a good supply of chocolate & cake!
For this role you will need:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Lots of energy
- High standard of English and grammar
- The ability to write well
Your day to day responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting our veterinary recruiters
- Taking incoming phone calls
- Maintaining our database
- Preparing applications
- Creating job adverts
- Assisting with marketing and social media
- Drafting emails
- and more…
Would you like the opportunity for career progression?
In time, there is the opportunity to progress into the role of recruitment consultant, if desired.
The role of recruitment consultant will include:
- Building relationships with new and existing clients and candidates (vets and vet nurses)
- Assessing candidates
- Matching candidates to clients who are looking to employ staff
- Attending trade fairs
- Visiting vet schools and clients
- Interstate and overseas travel is a real possibility
This is a busy and varied role. Therefore, excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask are essential!
Our Sydney office is located in Pyrmont. Pyrmont has plenty to offer in the way of shops and cafes, and the CBD and Darling Harbour are easily accessible. It is a modern space with great views of the city.
Business Name: Vetlink Employment Service