QLD - Pomona Pet Spa & Grooming / Sunshine Coast Vets
DescriptionPomona Pet Spa & Grooming / Sunshine Coast Vets – Pet Groomer / Stylist
Great Pay, Great Location, Great Work Life Balance
Small country practice/pet spa with big, devoted clientele (read our reviews)
The position requires:
• Previous Grooming Experience (minimum 2 years) , Genuine Empathy, Patience with the animals & excellent handling skills, Competency and the ability to work autonomously, personable nature with excellent customer service skills including the ability to listen to the clients needs.
• Permanent part time / Casual position salary negotiable dependant on experience 4 day work week plus Saturday mornings
We are not a corporate! Just a young team of super enthusiastic and talented animal lovers who are living our dream. Our small country clinic in the small town of Pomona (close to Noosa....think beautiful beaches / great surf / restaurants / hiking) is as close to James Herriott as you could get! We are solely small animals but also work with several wildlife rescue groups. We aim to be the best employer in the industry with the highest standard of care, best working conditions and best wages available. We have excellent staff retention, already have the best employees and are looking for one more. i.e: You !
Our clinic/pet spa started in 2010 opening in a small shop in Pomona's main street. After 5 years we had "outgrown" ourselves and shifted to a grand old bank building which we converted to the surgery/pet spa we have today.
Our staff come from many different backgrounds and countries. Clem our other vet likes cheese for dessert....she's French. Dora loves travelling and tiny houses ...She's from Poland. Becs' got a "Jet Burner stove" and likes hiking...she's from Canada...The rest of us are born and bred Aussies.
About this Role:
• We are a small team so when other staff have their rostered days off there will be cross over of duties....eg customer service / food / product advice etc.
• Perform check-in assessments on all dogs to recommend services, achieve the best style possible and to build trust with the fur parents
• Understanding of animal behaviour when introducing new dogs to the pack and supervising day-care/grooming dogs.
• We insist on a fully paid trial period of 3-5 days to ensure we are a good fit for you long term and you for us. We are sure that this approach has contributed to our excellent staff retention and happy team.
• Must have the ability to clip & scissor across all breeds unassisted. Most of the grooming performed is just keeping their coats tidy being that we are located in a rural area.
• The pet spa is a dedicated area with air conditioning that you can make your own. All grooming equipment is provided including an electronic lift bath.
• Grooming uniforms will be provided
• Grooming, spa room and day-care setup and maintaining the cleanliness of these areas throughout the day
• Creating engaging stories and posts for our social media platforms
• A stable guaranteed income 52 weeks of the
Business Name: Sunshine Coast Vets